Sunday, September 14, 2008

 

Nimepotea!

It's been a while. Here's a quick update, hopefully to be followed by more detailed entries in the next few days.

1) Where am I now?
I'm in Morogoro, the city where I had my Peace Corps training. I'll be helping with the training of the new Peace Corps volunteers that will arrive this week. I'll be meeting them at the airport in Dar es Salaam, then heading with them to Morogoro for their first week of training.

2) Where have I been?
I took the 16 hour dirt road south from my site to Dodoma. It was interesting. Look on a map-I passed through Mbulu, spent a night in Babati, passed through Kondoa, and finally reached Dodoma. Details coming soon.

3) How's school?
Due to another teacher's absence, I was put in charge of running chemistry practicals. Practical 1: titration. Mouth pipetting is completely normal in Tanzania. Practical 2: Qualitative analysis. I had no idea how to do this myself until a week before the practical. Again, details coming soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]