Saturday, August 9, 2008

 

Some random thoughts

How many random thoughts can one type in 13 minutes of Internet time?
-Having a camera makes you the village photographer. And students have no idea how much of a pain it can be to get digital pictures developed. The next day: Have you developed the pictures yet? Where's my picture? You haven't developed it? Well, why not?
-Phone companies constantly change names in Africa too. I was becoming rather attached to my Celtel phone and the rather large amount of Celtel vouchers I was buying each week. They've changed names: now they're called Zain.
-Sharing is expected and automatic. I gave a student a chocolate bar for getting all the questions right on a quiz. Two minutes later, it had been split into six tiny pieces, and five of his friends had a piece (impressive given that my students never, ever eat chocolate!).
-My favorite sign in Tanzania: the sign for MIT at the central roundabout in Moshi. MIT=Moshi Institute of Technology, a tiny school in Moshi. I took a picture of my sitemate (an MIT graduate) there yesterday. Maybe it will make the alumni magazine?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]