Tuesday, March 25, 2008

 

Coming attractions

Some plans for the future:

-getting our school science labs up and running. We have labs and they're fairly well-supplied. Unfortunately, they're also a mess and a bit of a health hazard. But another PCV recently visited me and helped me clean them (thanks!), and with the help of some students, I hope to get them up and running soon

-a health club at the girls' hostel. Half the female students live at a hostel at the school. What better audience to teach things like AIDS prevention and safe sex, not to mention self-confidence and the ability to say no?

-fruit trees. Actually, we just planted fruit trees in the school garden. But I'd like to plant some by my house as well.

-teaching! Okay, so I've been teaching for a while now. But there have been a lot of random interruptions. I'm hoping once we return from mid-term break, the teaching will be more consistent and I'll be able to get back in the swing of things (and catch my classes up!)

Comments:
Thanks for catching us readers up!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]