Wednesday, December 26, 2007

 

Shaking hands and kissing babies

Okay, so I haven't kissed any babies, but I do feel like a politician. I went to the Catholic church in town with my hosts for Christmas, and introduced myself to the congregation both at midnight mass and the next morning. After mass I shook a lot of hands and had lunch at the preacher's house. Not to mention donating some money for a children's celebration at the church. I always feel like I'm on the spot in these situations: I need to make a lot of small talk and make a good impression, because these are people who could help me out in the future. It's exhausting. But hopefully it will pay off in the end.

Also, I heard "Jingle Bells" on Radio Tanzania last night. It made me happy.

Comments:
the village is taking care of you. these people will be friends soon enough and the awkwardness will go away.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]